6 replies to this topic

#1 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

HL2:CTF Level Designer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Probably the most played map in older versions of the mod. The map is defined by a center bridge and 2 large pedestals on each side of the map for the flag's home. If there ever was a "killbox" for HL2CTF, this map is it. The pack contain 4 pedestal versions: regular ctf, 357 instagib, xbow instagib, and normal instagib (railgun). Let the madness begin?

#2 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

There is a server crashing bug on these maps. Ive removed the pack for now until it is resolved. Anyone with the new pedestal maps in their server rotation should remove them immediately or if you come across the maps while playing, try to change the map if you can.

#3 ^Turd

^Turd

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

I haven't yet seen a server crash on regular pedestal, but a 3v3 on instagib tonight did Zens server in. Also, prisonriot will do the same.

#4 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(^Turd @ Oct 30 2011, 05:30 AM) View Post
I haven't yet seen a server crash on regular pedestal, but a 3v3 on instagib tonight did Zens server in. Also, prisonriot will do the same.

supposedly its just the instagib maps, but Im gonna keep the links down for now. Also, Ive never seen prisonriot crash.

#5 J-Town $$

J-Town $$

Citadel Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Sacrifist @ Oct 30 2011, 12:41 PM) View Post

supposedly its just the instagib maps, but Im gonna keep the links down for now. Also, Ive never seen prisonriot crash.

And I've played a lot of instagib and haven't seen one of those crash.

#6 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(J-Town $$ @ Oct 30 2011, 11:10 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Sacrifist @ Oct 30 2011, 12:41 PM) View Post

And I've played a lot of instagib and haven't seen one of those crash.

Its all of them that are crashing actually so Ive rebuilt the map and it seems to have fixed the issue. You could go an entire round without crashing if you dont pass the rebel flag off the rebel pedestal lol.

#7 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Ok, link in the first post has been updated. Brand new pedestal maps, renamed to pedestals so there arent any issues with missing maps in the servers from older downloads. The 4 should be good to go :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users