29 replies to this topic

#21 ^Turd

^Turd

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

With all this tweak speak, I'm curious to know one thing. Is there an estimate on how long until we see a beta for v2.1?

#22 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

I believe we have a test version right now.

I keep going back and forth with Marcin concerning one feature, he left off by asking me if it worked or not but I have not gotten around to testing it overnight, so I'll do that first thing today after I get some much needed sleep. If it's all-good for testing, I'll build the patch and we can get some players together to give it a run on the Dallas server this weekend.

QUOTE(^Turd @ Dec 1 2011, 08:40 AM) View Post
With all this tweak speak, I'm curious to know one thing. Is there an estimate on how long until we see a beta for v2.1?

AMBIGUITY ERROR - When something is definitely wrong, or maybe not.

#23 ^Turd

^Turd

Zombie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'll build the patch and we can get some players together to give it a run on the Dallas server this weekend.

Wow, you guys are doin work. Anyways, this will be a good excuse to spill over into 2.0 afterwards and maybe try to fill a server up all the way. 12 players on last night for a bit, so this weekend shouldn't be too dead.

#24 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

After even more study and the death of well over a few hundred bots, I have raised the averages of a few of the weapons. It will be very interesting to just play through without any instant judgement and see if the new values will work. Smaller maps will really tell the tale, but critical defensive maps and TC mode will also be interesting to test.

We will send out another "Friday Night Fights" event on Steam tonight and see if, for once, we get more than one server going. I have wondered if we set our servers to 10 players max and the regular players would spread out by picking a server from those where you get good ping wouldn't help to get even more than 2 servers going. I guess we'll see how that works out.

I have some work to put in to the 2.1 patch today, so it'll be ready for testing tomorrow as well as through the weekend. Tonight we be sort of an awareness campaign for the 2.1 play testing over the weekend.

QUOTE(^Turd @ Dec 1 2011, 10:58 AM) View Post
Wow, you guys are doin work. Anyways, this will be a good excuse to spill over into 2.0 afterwards and maybe try to fill a server up all the way. 12 players on last night for a bit, so this weekend shouldn't be too dead.

#25 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

HL2:CTF Level Designer

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(MeNtHoL @ Dec 4 2011, 02:28 PM) View Post
Time to see if "the maths" are loco.

http://forums.hl2ctf...?showtopic=4560

not sure about the maths, but the link is loco lol.

#26 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oh yeah, the server crashed after about 20 minutes of play, so I just torched the post. It was just enough time to realize what needed fixed, so it wasn't all for not.

#27 foobar

foobar

HL2:CTF Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Is there a way to convert the ctx files? My ctx converter doesn't work with the files on this game.

You need the ICE key. It's: R1dj3axP

#28 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

HL2:CTF Level Designer

• Admin
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Is there a way to convert the ctx files? My ctx converter doesn't work with the files on this game.

Thread is 2 yrs old lol

#29 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

And, if I'm not mistaken, that's no longer the key. hahhaha!!

#30 foobar

foobar

HL2:CTF Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thread is 2 yrs old lol

Question wasn't answered, now it is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users