Photo

Are you for HL2CTF on Steam Greenlight?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Community for HL2CTF on Steam Greenlight (36 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you support HL2CTF for submission to Steam Greenlight?

1. Donate $1 or $2 toward the $100 needed to get HL2CTF submitted to Steam Greenlight (3 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. Donate $5 to $10 toward the $100 needed to get HL2CTF submitted to Steam Greenlight (17 votes [47.22%])

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

3. Help by Showing Support on Steam for HL2CTF once submitted to Steam Greenlight (16 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

So, I was sitting here with the Steam Greenlight page loaded (also within Steam) and noted that all it takes to associate a Steam account to submit is to click the "Add to Cart" button for $100.00 and then we could at least give it a try. But of course the funds are the core issue and after that support via the Steam Community to actually get the mod on Steam.

So, lets see how a poll on the forums work out by posing the questions whether players would donate or just support the mod once submitted to Steam Greenlight.

The way I see it, if we could actually get 100 people in the community to donate $1 so we hit the $100 it takes to submit HL2CTF for the Steam Greenlight program, that's 100 people who will most likely track it and discuss it in the Steam Community and give it a better chance of making it. Therefore this poll really would need at least 100 or more responses as once it made it into consideration the push would have to be very strong to actually get the mod on Steam.

So, we'll see if this is even feasible via the poll attached to this thread where nobody would be committed and see what level of support we have.

If it works out, we can remove the HL2CTF 2.0 to 2.1 upgrade section off the website and use that space to push a campaign to get players and fans to support the mod once it was actually submitted for consideration.
AMBIGUITY ERROR - When something is definitely wrong, or maybe not.

#2 Sacrifist

Sacrifist

HL2:CTF Level Designer

• Admin
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

i voted option 2 :).

#3 obidm

obidm

HL2:CTF Playtester

• Playtester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I vote for anything that keeps the mod going. Early and often.

b_560_95_1.png

#4 ILL

ILL

Community Organizer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

We can do it!!!
Where there's an ILL will, there's an ILL way!

#5 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

As of the most recent votes, we would have the funds from those who voted $5 to $10 to satisfy the $100 entrance fee. In fact going over as the developers fully expected to donate at least $25 so financing the Steam Greenlight submission is as good as done.

Now we really just need to see more fans of the mod vote their support. We have put out a few more notices to attract people to vote, so if you have friends you know who may not have voted, at least get them to click the "Showing Support" in the poll as we begin to organize those who will actually commit their $5 to $10 donation.

#6 RangeR

RangeR

Citadel Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'll donate a tenner

#7 RangeR

RangeR

Citadel Administrator

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

As of the most recent votes, we would have the funds from those who voted $5 to $10 to satisfy the $100 entrance fee. In fact going over as the developers fully expected to donate at least $25 so financing the Steam Greenlight submission is as good as done.

Now we really just need to see more fans of the mod vote their support. We have put out a few more notices to attract people to vote, so if you have friends you know who may not have voted, at least get them to click the "Showing Support" in the poll as we begin to organize those who will actually commit their $5 to $10 donation.

Might sound like a poxymoron but just do it. THEN you will get your support. As much as it pains me to say it, most of the old crew have already moved on. Get your $100. Submit to Greenlight and try build up some momentum.

What's hardware is needed for a dedicated server? If it's relatively modest [I've a couple of unused machines in work doing nothing], I can host an EU server or two in my house for a few months over that period. I've a 30Mb pipe so bandwidth isn't an issue. I might need assistance setting it up, though. It's been a while :)

#8 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, we are ready to submit for sure.

I am just awaiting reply from Valve concerning whether the mod could even be accepted for installation via Steam even if we had plenty of support after the Greenlight submission. I'm expecting an answer by week's end.

#9 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

We recieved a reply from Alden today:

Good news! I’m not sure if we had any previous ‘policy’ against hosting mods prior to 2007 SDK, but we don’t now. We would happily host your mod via Steam if you got Greenlit.

Best of luck! I’m sure you’ll get a bunch of exposure along the way.

-Alden

We'll look into the details on Steam Greenlight and submit the mod. After looking over some of the games submitted for Greenlight, I think we need to work up a few things before submitting.

#10 RangeR

RangeR

Citadel Administrator

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Noice. Well done.

#11 itsNickEbel

itsNickEbel

Headcrab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I hope we do this! I want this mod to come back to life! :)

#12 obidm

obidm

• Playtester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Now, then, if you'll excuse me, I have to go relearn c++... you know, just want to be helpful...

b_560_95_1.png

#13 theisen

theisen

• Playtester
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

This needs to be done! 1, when will this proceed to be green lit? 2. This would be am amazing game on steam! A list of servers is my dream!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 theisen

theisen

• Playtester
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

@obidm

here you go.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout << "HalfLife 2 Capture the Flag!" << endl;
return 0;
}

also some links

C++
http://www.cplusplus.com/
http://www.cprogramming.com/ < favorite
http://www.learncpp.com/

IED
http://www.codeblocks.org/

Edited by theisen, 18 March 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Looks like there are not many more votes coming in. And it's perfectly clear that we have enough support at this point for the initial submission, so I will begin work on setting up a donation button with a $100 goal so we can get the mod submitted.

I will post here when I have it setup on the website as well as an announcement etc. so everyone can keep track of where we are on the submission.

I see now that there are a few graphics and a video as a requirement so we'll need to get some players together on TeamSpeak to arrange a special session to get some in-game footage of gameplay as well as some more cool screenshots etc.

This needs to be done! 1, when will this proceed to be green lit? 2. This would be am amazing game on steam! A list of servers is my dream!

#16 theisen

theisen

• Playtester
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Lol well i would be pround to help out with both. donating and in-game play video. give us a 2 week notice?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Boobilly Woobilly

Boobilly Woobilly

Overwatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Tell your friends this is coming, old or new! Everyone spread the word! Please keep a watch on this, even if you don't play anymore. You know the right thing to do, this game has given us lots of entertainment!

#18 Bobakanuchi

Bobakanuchi

Barnacle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Sounds like a great idea, although it may take a while to rack up the $100 just to get on green light, with how popular HL2 is, and the mod basically evolved around HL2, if it gets on green light I bet that people will notice it and will get interested. Id say its worth a shot, even if it doesn't get green lit, at the very least it will get noticed by steam users. This is a good idea and I say its worth a shot!

#19 MeNtHoL

MeNtHoL

Project Lead

• Admin
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

The website has been updated with the Steam Greenlight campaign info. I will keep up with this daily to update the donation bar (done manually) so if you donate and do not see the bar move, it will be updated as donations come in. The notice will be left up until either the end of the month or the $100.00 goal is met, whichever comes first.

http://www.hl2ctf.com

Thanks to everyone who helps out!

#20 RangeR

RangeR

Citadel Administrator

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

$10 donated, as promised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users